Moldova Trip Information
We have been asked by IPHC to please help in Moldova - so we will be having our first trip there arriving on June 1, 2020. We will have clinics on June 2,3,4,5 then on June 6 we will be traveling to Greece for our already scheduled time in Greece. At the present time, we do not have exact locations of the clinics but will have the information soon. The Modolva trip will be for only 14 persons as it is our first time in that country. Come join us and share the excitement of serving in new places.
- Partner with IPHC to ensure the clinic locations are in the most underserved areas.
- Partner with local physicians and department of public health to better understand the local needs in a culturally appropriate fashion
- Welcome the local physicians and medical students to our brigade for mutual learning
- Supply much needed medications and supplies
- Offer a safe learning environment for medical students and residents, other healthcare personnel, and ancillary team members
- Provide intensive training for students in the art of medicine, with technology limited by the local standards
- Facilitate opportunities to experience different cultures and global health issues
- Complete the application here
- Submit your $206 deposit here
- Make certain your passport does not expire
- Make certain you have the required immunizations
- Upload the required documents here for your team role
- You will be sent a final invoice via email 70 days prior to departure.
- Final payment due - payable by check to Power of a Nickel - due 60 days prior to departure.
WHAT WILL WE DO? WHAT ARE SOME OBJECTIVES?
Our primary activity will be providing medical services to the residents of rural underserved areas. We will work with them, experiencing daily life with them; hear their struggles, hopes, and dreams. We will be providing medical consultations, providing medications, screening for diabetes and hypertension, on children we will apply fluoride treatments to their teeth, provide reading glasses as well as eye exams as needed for prescription lenses, and of course, providing health education and encouragement for those seeking our services.