Below is information about the trips with Power of a Nickel. After applying for a trip you will be given a security login and password to access the team participant information blog. Apply Now or Login Here. If you are already an approved applicant and need access, request your login by Email.
Trip Date Overview
COVID-19 has had, and continues to have, a dramatic impact on people both here in the US and in the developing nations we serve. The inequalities that people already must deal with in normal circumstances have worsened with this pandemic. We would like to share with you the outreach that Power of a Nickel was able to continue during the time travel was prohibited, as well as announce the return of scheduled trips. We thank our mission mobilizer friends, as well as our supporters for the dedication which enables our outreach to many of our partners in these impoverished communities.
- In the slums of Katwe, Kampala, Uganda, the eco latrine that has been in the works has been built at St. Charles school.
Funds have provided the ability to re-start St.Charles primary school with the new requirements as directed by the Ugandan government to help stop the spread of Covid-19.
- Hundreds of pounds of medicines and medical supplies have been shipped to a hospital and doctors in Venezuela.
- In Vietnam, our partners have received funds to build a community center in a remote village that will serve as our medical clinic the next opportunity we have to serve there.
- St Lucia Primary School in Masaka has a new printer and school safety requirements mandated by the Ugandan government have been completed to allow students to return to school.
- Funds to assist with teachers’ salaries to insure students could be in school were sent.
- Early during this pandemic, funds were sent to help feed the children and families in Mweurka, Uganda.
- The dentist who is in school for advanced training received a new computer in order to maintain his ability to continue his studies online. This dentist has volunteered with our team in Uganda for 7 years.
- A dental fund is available for needy adults in the 74127 zip code administered by The Common Good.
Through the continued support of our friends, we can truly make a difference.