There’s power in a nickel.
- It is astounding what a NICKEL can do for children and adults in developing countries.
- 2 nickels can buy enough food to feed 10 children porridge, give 5 students pineapple for lunch, provide milk for 4 children per day
- 4 nickels can provide soap for a child for a week
- 8 nickels can provide a de-worming medicine that will last for 6 months for 3 children
- 10 nickels can ensure a child has a multi-vitamin every day for a month
- 12 nickels can mean life or death from malaria by being able to have medications to treat the disease
- 14 nickels can purchase a book that will help develop reading skills at the same time teaching preventative healthcare to students
- 17 nickels can provide antibiotics to cure pneumonia in an elderly grandfather
- 40 nickels can provide a rapid HIV test whose results can make quick treatment more effective
Partnering with local organizations in developing nations, The Power of a Nickel’s mission is to provide quality, compassionate healthcare and health education to underserved and medically needy persons.
Goals and Objectives
- Provide competent, appropriate medical care to the underserved and medically needy
- Encourage health to all through preventative health education opportunities
- Build relationships with the communities served
- Partner with local physicians, dentists, and other healthcare providers to better understand the needs and culturally appropriate care of the population served
- To serve as educational resources for the local healthcare providers
- Supply much-needed medications and supplies for the communities served
- Offer a learning environment for medical students and other healthcare team members
- Give intensive training of healthcare students in the art of medicine in areas with limited or no access to lab, x-rays and other technology
- Furnish opportunities to learn about a different culture and global issues encountered
- Facilitate partnerships between the community served and local resources for the betterment of health in the communities served
Thank you for visiting this site. We hope you join us – either as a mission mobilizer (M&M) or come with us, as medical teams travel to underserved areas of our world. Your prayers, financial gifts, or service to the team and the underserved are greatly appreciated. Please read more to learn how you can help.