India Trip Information
To Be Announced
Partnering with Tim Case International Ministries
- Build relationships with the community
- Provide competent, appropriate medical care to an extremely underserved population
- Supply much-needed medications and supplies during this outreach program
- To serve as educational resources to the local physicians, dentists, and healthcare providers
- Partner with local healthcare providers to better understand the needs and culturally appropriate care of this population
- Request referrals to the local healthcare system for services beyond those we are able to provide
- Offer a safe learning environment for medical students, other healthcare personnel, and ancillary team members
- Allow learning experiences for medical students and other healthcare students
- Give intensive training of students in the art of medicine without the use of a lab, x-rays, and other technology
- Students are encouraged to use their minds and hands to evaluate and treat patients
- Furnish opportunities to learn about a different culture and global issues encountered.
- Complete the application here
- Submit your $206 deposit here
- Make certain your passport does not expire
- Obtain your visa
- Make certain you have the required immunizations
- Upload the required documents here for your team role
- Your final invoice will be sent via email 70 days prior to departure.
- Final payment due - payable by check to Power of a Nickel 60 days prior to departure.
Beginnings in India
December 2015 saw an initial global outreach trip including a needs assessment in India. Power of a Nickel was approached by a group of interested people from India including physicians, other healthcare professionals, and businesspersons. After several meetings, a decision was made to send a global outreach team to the area in which a clinic was felt to be needed.
Fast forward to 2019. After many discussions about security as well as determining the greatest need, we are moving forward working with an organization whose purpose is to embrace children of trafficked mothers. Hopefully in 2020 everything will be in place for an outreach trip to help in this incredible mission. Please send us an email if you are interested in this project.
The Power of a Nickel continues its mission of serving the underserved with medical care, education, and relationship building.
Total trip cost:
This DOES NOT INCLUDE AIRFARE TO
Participants will be responsible for all travel and routine vaccinations including Hepatitis A & B, typhoid, in addition to routine immunizations. More information can be found at www.cdc.gov and www.headinghomehealthy.org.
- Evacuation insurance is required.
- Trip cancellation insurance is suggested.
A NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT OF $206 is required to hold your space.
Final payment payable by check to Power of a Nickel 4520 S Birmingham Place Tulsa, OK 74105.
$206 deposit is non-refundable. You may transfer this to another person if you find you are unable to participate, but you will need to make any financial arrangements with that person.
- Final payment for the trip is due 60 days prior to trip start date
- 59-30 days prior to departure, 50% refund
- 29-0 days prior to departure, no refund
Trip cancellation insurance (different from evacuation insurance) is strongly encouraged to avoid forfeiting funds if you must cancel for any reason.