Philippines Trip Information
December 29, 2019-January 7, 2020
This trip is open to any medical or dental students, licensed medical providers, along with non-medical volunteers.
Dr. Stan and Barbara Grogg are leading this trip.
Partnering with Tim Case International Ministries
Because airline time schedules changes so often... these times may not be accurate as we get closer to December. With that in mind, here is the information at the present time.
You will need to be in Manilla on Dec 29 by 5:30am. You will need to clear immigration and customs then proceed to the Domestic Terminal. We will be leaving on the only flight to Masbate each day at 8:20am from the Domestic Terminal on Dec 29. If the airline you choose does not arrive by 5:30am on the 29, you will need to overnight Dec 28 in Manilla.
As of September 14, we have not seen the permission letter to work under the bridges in Manila (not unusual for this far out) so work on the 6 and 7 is still unknown. But.. we will be back in Manila from Masbate.
If you are a medical/dental student that needs to leave the group early, we will be completing our clinic days in Manila, thus you will be close to the airport and can leave as required. Please feel free to schedule your airline return on the 6 or 7th. Dr. Grogg and several of the team will be leaving early on the 8th.
If you would like assistance with your airline reservation, you are welcomed to contact Terri and Spears Travel 918-254-1608.
- Establish partnerships and relationships this first trip to the Philippines.
- Fulfill requests by community leadership for specific needs of identified individuals
- Provide competent, appropriate medical care to an extremely underserved population
- Facilitate educational opportunities for the community
- Partner with local physicians and department of public health to better understand the local needs in a culturally appropriate fashion
- Welcome the local physicians and medical students to our brigade for mutual learning
- Request and facilitate referrals provided within the local Philippine healthcare system
- Arrange follow up for identified healthcare concerns
- Supply much needed medications and supplies for the community healthcare team remaining at the completion of our brigade
- Offer a safe learning environment for medical students and residents, other healthcare personnel, and ancillary team members
- Provide intensive training for students in the art of medicine, with technology limited by the local standards
- Facilitate opportunities to experience different cultures and global health issues
- Complete the application here
- Submit your $206 deposit here
- Make certain your passport does not expire for 6 months after arrival
- Make certain you have the required immunizations
- Upload the required documents here for your team role
- You will be sent a final invoice 70 days prior to departure.
- Final payment due - payable by check to Power of a Nickel is due 60 days prior to departure.
Total trip cost: Land package $1500 (INCLUDES FLIGHT FROM MANILA TO MASBATE)
This DOES NOT INCLUDE AIR FLIGHTS TO/FROM MANILA
- Evacuation insurance is required.
- Trip cancellation insurance is suggested
A NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT OF $206 is required to hold your space.
Final payment of $1300 , is payable by check to Power of a Nickel 4520 S Birmingham Place Tulsa, OK 74105. Final payment is due October 30, 2019.
$206 deposit is non-refundable. You may transfer this to another person if you find you are unable to participate, but you will need to make any financial arrangements with that person.
- Final payment for the trip is due 60 days prior to trip start date.
- 59-30 days prior to departure, 50% refund
- 29-0 days prior to departure, no refund
Trip cancellation insurance (different from evacuation insurance) is strongly encouraged to avoid forfeiting funds if you must cancel for any reason.