Philippines Trip Information
Dates – To Be Announced
This trip is open to any medical or dental students, licensed medical providers, along with non-medical volunteers.
Dr. Stan and Barbara Grogg are leading this trip.
Partnering with Tim Case International Ministries
- Establish partnerships and relationships this first trip to the Philippines.
- Fulfill requests by community leadership for specific needs of identified individuals
- Provide competent, appropriate medical care to an extremely underserved population
- Facilitate educational opportunities for the community
- Partner with local physicians and department of public health to better understand the local needs in a culturally appropriate fashion
- Welcome the local physicians and medical students to our brigade for mutual learning
- Request and facilitate referrals provided within the local Philippine healthcare system
- Arrange follow up for identified healthcare concerns
- Supply much needed medications and supplies for the community healthcare team remaining at the completion of our brigade
- Offer a safe learning environment for medical students and residents, other healthcare personnel, and ancillary team members
- Provide intensive training for students in the art of medicine, with technology limited by the local standards
- Facilitate opportunities to experience different cultures and global health issues
- Complete the application here
- Submit your $206 deposit here
- Make certain your passport does not expire for 6 months after arrival
- Make certain you have the required immunizations
- Upload the required documents here for your team role
- You will be sent a final invoice 70 days prior to departure.
- Final payment due – payable to Power of a Nickel is due 60 days prior to departure.
Total trip cost: Unknown
This DOES NOT INCLUDE AIR FLIGHTS TO/FROM MANILA
Participants will be responsible for all travel and routine vaccinations. More information can be found at www.cdc.gov and www.headinghomehealthy.org.
- Evacuation insurance is required.
- Trip cancellation insurance is suggested
A NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT OF $206 is required to hold your space.
Final payment is payable to Power of a Nickel 3010 W Gulf Dr. Sanibel, FL 33957.
$206 deposit is non-refundable. You may transfer this to another person if you find you are unable to participate, but you will need to make any financial arrangements with that person.
- Final payment for the trip is due 60 days prior to trip start date.
- 59-30 days prior to departure, 50% refund
- 29-0 days prior to departure, no refund
Trip cancellation insurance (different from evacuation insurance) is strongly encouraged to avoid forfeiting funds if you must cancel for any reason.