Vietnam Trip Information
Dr. Stan Grogg and Barbara Grogg will be your group leaders. If you have
questions, please contact Barbara at [email protected].
We will be partnering with Tiny Hearts of Hope and Tim Case International Ministries
- Build relationships with the orphanages and tribal villages
- Partner with organizations that care for these populations on a daily basis
- Fulfill requests by the orphanages and Tiny Hearts of Hope for specific needs of identified individuals
- Provide competent, appropriate medical care to an extremely underserved population and to orphans, many with disabilities
- Facilitate educational opportunities as requested
- Request referrals for other services to be provided by local private organizations
- Supply much-needed medications and supplies during our outreach program
- Offer a safe learning environment for medical students, other healthcare personnel, and ancillary team members
- Allow learning experiences for medical students and other healthcare students
- Give intensive training of students in the art of medicine - without the use of
lab, x-rays, and other technology. Students are encouraged to use their minds and hands to evaluate and treat patients
- Furnish opportunities to learn about a different culture and global issues encountered
- Complete the application
- Submit your $206 deposit
- Make certain your passport does not expire earlier than August, 2020
- Upload the required documents for your team role
- You will receive the final invoice via email 70 days prior to departure
- Payment by check to Power of a Nickel due 60 days prior to departure.
Participants will be responsible for all travel and routine vaccinations. Malaria prophylaxis is recommended for the Angkor Wat post trip. More information can be found at www.cdc.gov and www.headinghomehealthy.org
- Evacuation insurance is required.
- Trip cancellation insurance is suggested.
A NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT OF $206 is required to hold your space.
Final payment is due 60 days prior to departure.
$206 deposit is non-refundable. You may transfer this to another person if you find you are unable to participate but you will need to make any financial arrangements with that person.
- Final payment for the trip is due 60 days prior to trip start date.
- 59-30 days prior to departure, 50% refund.
- 29-0 days prior to departure, no refund.
Trip cancellation insurance (different from evacuation insurance) is strongly encouraged to avoid forfeiting funds if you must cancel for any reason.