Vietnam Trip Information
Our 2020 trip to Vietnam will be from Jan 8-16 with an optional post trip to Angkor Watt in Cambodia from the 16-19. (First clinic will be on Jan 9)
Dr. Stan Grogg and Barbara Grogg will be your group leaders. If you have
questions, please contact Barbara at [email protected].
We will be partnering with Tiny Hearts of Hope and Tim Case International Ministries
The dates for the 2020 Vietnam trip are Jan 8-15, 2020 with a post-trip to Angkor Watt - The 7th Wonder of the World -in Siem Reap, Cambodia from the 15-19.
We will be staying at the Somerset Serviced Residences, District 1 in HoChiMinh City. You are to arrive any time on January 8. The first clinic will be on January 9.
If you choose to join us for the post-trip, we will be staying at the lovely Saem Siem Reap Hotel.
There are several ways you can figure your final cost...
Vietnam Mission Trip Only (no post trip to Cambodia). - $1300 by check - if by credit card please add 3%. This is based on double occupancy. If you want a private room, please send Barbara ([email protected]) that information as soon as possible.
Vietnam Trip plus Angkor Watt (based on best air fares at the time you book) These prices may increase if airfare increases.
- Including air from Ho Chi Minh City to Siem Reap and back to Ho Chi Minh City the price is $18100
- If you only need one way from HoChiMinh City to Siem Reap - then your return ticket is from Siem Reap back to the US... The price is. $1660 (this may be less expensive and you won't then need to go back to HoChiMinh City
- If you plan to make your own air arrangements to/from HoChiMinh City to Siem Reap, the price is $1535 .
In Siem Reap, included is your lodging for 4 nights (15,16,17,18), breakfast daily, transfers to and from airport to hotel, and a private tour of Angkor Watt. This does include the one day pass to which covers Angkor Watt/Angkor Thom(Bayon, Elephant Terrace, Ba Phoun) and Ta prom. There are an unbelievable number of places to have your lunches and dinners... and so very many activities to keep you entertained.
- Build relationships with the orphanages and tribal villages
- Partner with organizations that care for these populations on a daily basis
- Fulfill requests by the orphanages and Tiny Hearts of Hope for specific needs of identified individuals
- Provide competent, appropriate medical care to an extremely underserved population and to orphans, many with disabilities
- Facilitate educational opportunities as requested
- Request referrals for other services to be provided by local private organizations
- Supply much-needed medications and supplies during our outreach program
- Offer a safe learning environment for medical students, other healthcare personnel, and ancillary team members
- Allow learning experiences for medical students and other healthcare students
- Give intensive training of students in the art of medicine - without the use of
lab, x-rays, and other technology. Students are encouraged to use their minds and hands to evaluate and treat patients
- Furnish opportunities to learn about a different culture and global issues encountered
- Complete the application
- Submit your $206 deposit
- Make certain your passport does not expire earlier than August, 2020
- Upload the required documents for your team role
- You will receive the final invoice via email 70 days prior to departure
- Payment by check to Power of a Nickel due 60 days prior to departure.
The base price of the Vietnam mission trip only is $1300. The post trip to Angkor Watt is an additional fee.
Participants will be responsible for all travel and routine vaccinations. Malaria prophylaxis is recommended for the Angkor Wat post trip. More information can be found at www.cdc.gov and www.headinghomehealthy.org
- Evacuation insurance is required.
- Trip cancellation insurance is suggested.
A NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT OF $206 is required to hold your space.
Final payment is due 60 days prior to departure.
$206 deposit is non-refundable. You may transfer this to another person if you find you are unable to participate but you will need to make any financial arrangements with that person.
- Final payment for the trip is due 60 days prior to trip start date.
- 59-30 days prior to departure, 50% refund.
- 29-0 days prior to departure, no refund.
Trip cancellation insurance (different from evacuation insurance) is strongly encouraged to avoid forfeiting funds if you must cancel for any reason.