Uganda Trip Information
March 14-22, 2020
Dr. Stan Grogg and Barbara Grogg will be your group leaders. If you have
questions, please contact Barbara at [email protected].
Participants should arrive at the Entebbe, Uganda airport on March 14. The hotel (Sienna Beach Resort) will be there to pick you up.
The trip concludes at the Sienna Beach Resort Hotel which is only about 15 minutes from the airport. The hotel will shuttle you to the airport at any time to make your flight.
- Build lasting relationships with the villages and schools served
- Fulfill requests by community leadership for specific needs of identified individuals
- Provide competent, appropriate medical care to an extremely underserved population
- Facilitate educational opportunities for the schools
- Partner with local healthcare providers to better understand the local needs in a culturally appropriate fashion
- Welcome the local physicians, dentists and medical students to our brigade for mutual learning
- Request and facilitate referrals provided within the local Ugandan healthcare system
Arrangefollow up with our Ugandan partners for identified healthcare concerns
- Supply much-needed medications and supplies for the community healthcare team remaining at the completion of our brigade
- Offer a safe learning environment for medical students and residents, other healthcare personnel, and ancillary team members
- Provide intensive training for students in the art of medicine, with technology limited by the local standards
- Facilitate opportunities to experience different cultures and global health issues
- Complete the application
- Submit your $206 deposit
- Make certain your passport does not expire before October 2019
- Make certain you have the required immunizations for Uganda. YELLOW FEVER IS REQUIRED.
- Upload the required documents for your team role
- You will be sent a final invoice via email 70 days prior to departure.
- Final payment due 60 days prior to departure- payable by check to Power of a Nickel
Focus on Children
Power of a Nickel is partnering with Blessings of Joy at the Mweurka Primary School, St. Lucia Primary School, St. Charles Primary School in the Katwe Slums, and the Rotary Club of Masaka, to provide healthcare, education, and life skills for the underserved people in the villages and schools served. We have been serving these areas since 2010.
Total trip cost: $1500 pp double occupancy. Single occupancy is an additional $300.
This DOES NOT INCLUDE AIRFARE TO Entebbe.
Included are: In country travel by van and bus, breakfast daily, dinners in Masaka and Mboro, translator expenses, governmental document preparation, Ugandan doctor and dentist fees, medications and supplies for clinics, and private security team.
Participants will be responsible for all travel and routine vaccinations. More information can be found at www.cdc.gov/travel and www.headinghomehealthy.org. YELLOW FEVER IS REQUIRED. There is a HUGE shortage of yellow fever vaccine. It is imperative that you secure your vaccine VERY early.
- Evacuation insurance is required.
- Trip cancellation insurance is suggested.
A NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT OF $206 is required to hold your space.
Final Payment due 60 days prior to departure.
$206 deposit is non-refundable. You may transfer this to another person if you find you are unable to participate but you will need to make any financial arrangements with that person.
Final payment for the trip is due 60 days prior to trip start date.
59-30 days prior to departure, 50% refund
29-0 days prior to departure, no refund
Trip cancellation insurance (different from evacuation insurance) is strongly encouraged to avoid forfeiting funds if you must cancel for any reason.